1. Take a walk along the River Thames! The weather isn't as cold as it has been - Start at Lambeth Bridge (bus 3 will take you there) and finish at Blackfriars Bridge. (Bus 45 will take you home)
2. Get a little bit cultured! Visit the British Museum which is located at Great Russell Street, WC1B 3DG. The number 59 bus will take you there. For those kids over 7, there is a chance to make your own secret code. For those with buggy babies or older children, take a free tour.
3. Have a swim at one of Lambeth's pools. Visit the Brixton Rec or Clapham Leisure Centre.
|Swimming is hard work!|
4. Now is the time to see the Christmas lights! See them before the 5th of January!
5. Hop on the 118 bus through Streatham and Mitcham to visit Morden Park Hall! Free guided history tours at the weekend.
6. View some art! Head out to the Tate Modern! Catch the 59 or 45 bus.
|Boo-boo becomes an art instillation!|
7. Learn a bit of local history with a trip to the Museum of London. Visit Mr Scrooge and tell him of your Christmas complains. To get there catch 133 to Liverpool Street and walk there or catch the underground to Barbican.
8. The animals need to be fed even over the Christmas holiday! So go take a gander at the creatures of Vauxhall City Farm. To get to Vauxhall, catch the 88, 36 , 2 or 196 bus.
9. Jump around at Soft Play! There's lots of choice- Bertie and Boo Adventure Island in Balham, Brixton Recreation Centre's massive structure and Peckham Pulse.
10. Hop up to the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill on the P4 bus to check out their collections including the aquarium.